Friday, July 07, 2006

I Just Want To Know WHY??

What does it mean when everything is going wrong? Like a row of dominoes, one trouble keeps coming after the other, as if they are in some sort of agreement to make me miserable. I'm sure that God has a plan for me and this all has meaning, but I wish I knew what it was now. It would save me the grief. All of these horrible things that keep happening, progressively get worse, but they all surround this great experience I am having in Arizona. It is a learning experience on many different levels for me. Learning experiences are a part of life. You take the good with the bad and chalk it all up to great learning experiences.

Along with the learning, I am also experiencing some serious growing pains.

Although I am, on the outside, very calm and collected, there is a whirlwind of emotions inside of me, that I choose not to expose to anyone. First, Wednesday, I was in a horrible car accident. I am blessed to still be here and able to share this story. The car was totalled and I luckily had my seatbelt on, so I escaped with the very minor injuries of a left knee contusion and some muscle strains in my neck and back. I was t-boned by a speeding driver with no license, insurance or registration, and who could barely speak English. Yeah. The car was in the shape of a U...and if I had someone in the car with me, they may not have survived.

Prior to the accident, which has lost me valuable time on my internship, I had mentally draining family drama, car issues-i.e. rentals and flat tires-and adjustments on the job. I am starting to feel a little negative about this experience right about now. I am thinking, these series of unfortunate events are God's way of telling me something. I'm not sure what that may be yet. It can only get better from here, right?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

E^2 sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances, but happy to hear that you're now safe and sound.

It scared me just to read what you went through.

Just take things one day at a time.

You cannot afford to think negative thoughts because that might allow you to put a limit on your purpose and your destiny. My cousin-in-law, a minister, once told me, "Never allow anyone to put a limit on your purpose or your destiny." I think that anyone includes myself. Its hard to escape self-doubt, but its necessary. Life is made in part of dreams, and also of wonders. His words have stuck with me, since that talk one night, one summer, a few years ago.

Say to yourself, "I am just an instrument, the Creator blows his note through me."

4:03 AM, July 09, 2006  
Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:50 PM, July 09, 2006  
Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

Dear God....extremely sorry to hear this. I was hit by a car once and I've been in a car accident...so I know the feeling, the pain and all the paperwork that comes with this.

You are in my prayers.

4:51 PM, July 09, 2006  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I'm glad you're okay...

There's always sunshine after the storm, life is just a test...

He's testing your strength and patience right now...

3:15 PM, July 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home