Monday, June 12, 2006

It's Been A Minute....

...since I've posted on either of the blogs. So much has happened. First, I graduated- enter Erin running and clicking the back of her heels together in mid air, lol. I am now officially an alum of Temple University. Crazy. I've also been vacating and traveling. As a graduation present, my Auntie took me on a cruise. What an experience! First of all, I've never been outside of the United States, not even to Canada, so just doing that was great. Our cruise started in Miami, then off to Grand Cayman,Cayman Islands, to Ochos Rios, Jamaica and back to Miami. It was a five day cruise. Even though I knew that the earth was 75% water, being surrounded by it for a day with no land in sight is an entire different thing. I got a little cabin feverish at one point. I took maddd pictures, so I'm hoping I will have time to post a few of them on 1000 words.

I am currently in the "Grand Canyon State" working this wonderful internship at a huge, daily newspaper. I feel so blessed. I luckily have family here, which not only saves me much mula as far as rent is concerned, but also makes it easier to adjust to the drastic changes. The climate difference, the time difference, the culture shock, and social adjustments. If left alone in this situation, I may have been a little crazy. The climate is the most interesting adjustment. You THINK you know heat...but you really don't until you have come to Phoenix, Arizona. It's HOT. I thought I knew what hot was, but nope. I didn't know black people who use sunscreen could still get sun burn. ONLY in Arizona. lol I'm burned and peeling people. The first weekend I was here, it was unseasonably hot. It hit 117 degrees that weekend consecutively.

I'm enjoying the moment right now. I am taking it all in and praising God the whole way. I'll update this and the
other blog with all of my experiences. There is so much to tell, but I'm a bit tired . So, goodnight folks!
~E

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on graduating.

A cruise sounds good to me right about now.

Arizona's not going to know what hit them!

Keep us posted.

Work hard and play hard.

That's my advice to everyone!

5:35 PM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger Darren Sands said...

This music is annoying.

6:31 PM, June 17, 2006  
Blogger Erin E. said...

thanks, Chris!
D- I know, it's annoying me too...I've been kinda lazy with blogging lately, but I'll make some changes soon. This heat is draining man...

1:25 PM, June 18, 2006  
Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

Congrats...the Arizona men...are so lucky right now.

2:38 PM, June 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home