Sunday, April 23, 2006

"Beautiful Surprise"


India.Arie's music always speaks to me and the way I feel or a situation I am experiencing at that time. We must be kindred spirits ;). Her new album comes out on June 27, Testimony: Vol. 1, Life & Relationship. Go get it. I'm sure it's gonna be hot.

"Beautiful Surprise," from her second album,
Voyage to India, is one of those songs that is relatable to anyone who has a new love. It is that epiphany type moment when you realize that this love is real and right. You don't even know where this feeling came from, but it feels good. It kind of just sneaks up on you one day. This is why I love her music. It is real and relatable. Here are the lyrics to "Beautiful Surprise."

It's like yesterday I didn't even know your name
Now today

You're always on my mind

I never could have predicted that I feel this way

You are beautiful surprise

Intoxicated every time I hear your voice

You've got me on a natural high

It's almost like I didn't even have a choice

You are a beautiful surprise

Whatever it is you came to teach me
I am here to learn it
cause
I believe that we are written in the stars
I don't know what the future holds
But I'm living in the moment

And I'm thankful for the man that you are, you are, you are

You are everything I ask for in my prayers

So I know my angels brought you to my life

Your energy is healing to my soul

You are a beautiful surprise
You are an inspiration to my life

You are the reason why I smile

You are a beautiful surp rise

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That song is fire, her first two albums are fire.

I often put "Voyage to India" in my DVD player and program my faves. "Beautiful Surprise" , "The Truth" and "Good Man" often play back to back to back. It lets me know what to aspire to.......

12:34 AM, April 24, 2006  
Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

I had forgotten about her...thanks for the heads up

2:46 PM, April 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home