Sunday, April 09, 2006

Stream of Conciousness

A friend's blog inspired me to dig up this old poem. I wrote it about a year ago. My style of poetry, if you can call it that, is considered "stream of conciousness," according to my poetry professor last year. I write as if I am having a conversation with my own thoughts. This poem is not the best example of that but I think it is one of the most interesting poems I've written to date. It makes me wonder if you can really define or capture love.


Love captured between bodies
Between deep felt stares
Between hours of significant or
insignificant conversations
A love unspoken
A love not acknowledged in other realms perceivable

A love that burns
A love that is in need
A love that yearns for more
A love of secrets whispered
A love with great magnitude
Holding, …holding, on
To love
To this love
A love that cherishes its parts
Its insecurities
Its idiosyncrasies
Its shortcomings
Its company
It’s “the way I feel when I’m around you”
It’s reading between the lines
It’s hearing the words unspoken
It’s the pauses and ums
There are hopes, visions, fantasies, prayers
That go out into the universe
That this love
A love
Will be felt
Acknowledged
Shared

Love Captured…

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Love it E, this was on point. Hmm stream of consciousness just means deep. Sometimes it means impossible to perceive, and understand, but thankfully not in this case.

7:45 AM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

(standing ovation)

10:11 AM, April 13, 2006  
Blogger Erin E. said...

thank ya :)

3:11 PM, April 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home