Monday, January 30, 2006

There's Nothing Like Knowing Yourself... ("Don't Rush Me" Jean Grae)

Today is my 22nd birthday. Wow. Twenty-two.

Ever since my 16th birthday my birthday has had a different feel to it. The celebrations and ice cream cake are not the only thing I am thinking about.(with the exception of turning 21).

I tend to get very introspective on January 30th. I think about everything (more than usual) like- where I am, what I'm doing and where I'm going. I think about how blessed I am. I think about the things that went wrong in the previous year and the things that went right. Overall, 21 was a good year. It was a transition year for me. It's all starting to make sense~ (a response to Common's third album One Day It'll all Make Sense).

Well, another year is completed on my journey to get to know myself and here's to another blessed year! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i think as well as get older we begin to realize a few things about life, growing up and ourselves. congrats on one more step into the adult world!

HAPPY BELATED~!

5:11 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

I reflect on my birthday each year too. The first half of my 26th year on this planet...was quite depressing but I'm striving to make the second half of 26...a blast!

3:23 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Jameil said...

cheers!!! i love birthdays! i don't normally do too much introspection, but i love a good party!

2:18 PM, February 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home