Friday, January 09, 2009

Empty Space...

So, I feel like I should write more. I've neglected this blog heavily over the last year or so. Ok, maybe 2 years. Just a lonely blog filled with old posts, old opinions, old feelings, and some thoughts that I would love to forget...

Soo, now that my 25th bday is quickly approaching, I'm having loads of "Introspect"-ive moments simply because my birthday does that to my mind, but more importantly because turning 25 makes you think, lol. It's a consensus among my friends that we all thought in the 4th grade that at age 25, our adult lives would be set, we'd have our careers, marriages, homes and possibly children on the way. We are all amused at our 9 year old mind's inability grasp all the work it takes to be an adult, lol....

Well according to my yearly horoscope ( which my new roommate sent me) this is a year of change, exciting change for me. It has already begun changing with the passing of my Auntie....the most important woman in my life. Being hired at an awesome agency doing what I love to some degree and living in a city I've adored since childhood. These changes have been wake up calls. My Auntie did so much for me while she was here. I am now going to have a crash course in being an adult without her safetybelt. I miss her everyday and sometimes I still can't believe she's gone. It's a rough transition, but it's God's will and He will see me through this tough time.

I tend to think about the little things that were so special about my Auntie. Her greeting cards for no reason, but that always helped when she knew I was feeling down, sick, or stressed; our talks, her advice, her soft hugs, the way her cheekbones rose so high when she smiled, her eyes chinked up, her voice, and her spontaneous ideas for outtings together, the way she knew me better than I knew myself...

I miss that I won't have a chance to bring my future son, with her favorite name, Isaiah, over to visit....

Her physical place in my life, here on Earth is empty and can never be refilled. Life is crazy...

Soo, I'm hoping I will continue to use this blog this year for it's intended purpose. I'm an instrospective person and getting my thoughts out is therapeutic for me. I hash them out to make sense of them and to put my restless mind at ease. With that,
Peace & Blessings
~E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home