Thursday, August 18, 2005

Not Knowing What You Have...

Life is short. Everyone knows this, yet many of us are guilty of living it as if we have already reached that eternal life. Many people let good opportunities or people pass us by with the notion that the opportunity or that person will be there when when we're ready to get to it. We do this so often in life. Most of the time, unfortunately, recogniton of these good things comes too little too late.
I have been told so often that I am "wifey material." Guys are not ready for me until they want to "wife" someone up. Until then, I am valued but put in their mental ziplock bag for freshness while they conduct testings on what I imagine to be those who are NOT "wifey material." I am not sure if I should be enamored by this nomenclature I am given. It's nice, I guess. But come on guy, do you think I'm really gonna be here waiting for someone who's finally ready to wife me up? I need to have my fun too. I am not a yo-yo, I have motion sickness.

6 Comments:

Blogger DhiRAj SinGh said...

Hey Erin, that's some very profound stuff on the shortness of life. If you can do visit me at http://bodhishop.blogspot.com

3:22 AM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Erin E. said...

Something to think about:
To my new homegirl Erin. I can definitely dig the wifey material anecdote. It's an interesting ideal that most guys used to abuse their sexuality, especially while they're young. They feed on the bad apples and when they're ready finally decide to climb to the top of the tree and feast on one fresh apple. These apples serving as symbols for women like yourself. Make that man climb the tree for you but don't go for the one that you know is full from the consumption of spoiled apples. Holla shorty.
--Dee

11:47 PM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Darren Sands said...

Wifey was a term made up in the ghetto for a girl that will do anything to keep her man, even if it means taking a few slaps to the face, and turn the other way when a guy cheats. You wifey material huh? Dang. You ghetto.

4:28 AM, August 20, 2005  
Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

I think everyone has a different definition for wifey material. When I say that I think such-and-such female is wifey material...I mean I can introduce her to my family and I can see myself having 2 kids with her.

5:45 PM, August 20, 2005  
Blogger Erin E. said...

THANK YOU Sherlon:)

8:00 PM, August 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree the definition of wifey material is different for different guys. For some guys it means a woman who will take all kinds of abuse, a down for whatever chick. For other guys it means a down for you chick, a woman who is ready to help you reach your "level", and wants you to help her reach her "level". I'll take the latter.


Your friend Dee was right make them climb the tree so they can savor the deepness and freshness of your love.

12:18 PM, August 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home