Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Sex and Love(Part I) The Quest for Satisfaction

At the age of 21 in 2005, what does sex and love mean to my peers and myself? Is it the free love of the sixties and seventies? Although most wouldn't mind that, it is near impossible with the slew of STDs that exist today and the prime fear of all, HIV/AIDS. So, are these two entities, sex and love, independent of each other or do they flow together like a strand of DNA? The majority of us are trying to get instant or momentary gratification and usually don't require love or like as a standard of the sexual partner we choose. This can be a problem, but who am I to judge? I think as young people and many young people before us, we are losing ourselves in this search for satisfaction. WE go on this quest for many things, and get confused by sex. We are all searching for Love, Companionship, Friendship, and Loyalty. In the end we may only get a few minutes of good sex, if that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most people cannot articulate their feelings on love sex etc..etc.. But I see you as one who can understand whether it is love or sex. Why,you appear to evolving into a woman, one who seeks understanding of both,(sex or Love) and that comes from good guidance, it feels as if someone care engough to let you know some important life lessons. You appear to be knowlegeable of what to look out for, STDS, HIV and other thing that pleg our youth. Hands up to those who has given you advice, You seem to have listened. This will make you wise and have the self esteem so many of our youth lack when making decission on sex or love. Sex is not without love and love is sometimes with out sex...but be sure a woman in love will find sex, true friendship, respect and a knowledge of who they are; I think that is being in love. To me it feels as if someone care enough to let you know what you can do, and not alway what you could not do You are fortnate. I wish my mother talked to me about sex and STDS
Impressed.

6:58 PM, December 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home